Green Coast 2013: How the region is leading the way in energy efficiency
The Business Times published the fifth edition of Green Coast, our annual special report on the business of sustainability in the Tri-Counties, with the April 5, 2013 print edition.
This special section took on a theme for its fifth anniversary: Energy efficiency, how our region is leading the way. Along with profiles on innovative energy firms in the region, Green Coast also included a map detailing the largest energy and efficiency projects and companies in the Tri-Counties.
Here’s a look at what the section includes:
LEADER IN HIGHER EDUCATION
• UCSB Institute for Energy Efficiency, Santa Barbara
• Mainstream Energy, San Luis Obispo
• Clean Diesel Technologies, Ventura
• A roundup of leaders in efficient lighting
• Transphorm, Goleta
• Next Energy Technologies, Goleta
AT A GLANCE: ENERGY AND EFFICIENCY PROJECTS AND COMPANIES IN THE TRI-COUNTIES
SAN LUIS OBISPO
• Avila Beach: Diablo Canyon
• San Luis Obispo: Mainstream Energy
• Carrizo Plain: California Valley Solar Ranch, Topaz Solar Farm
• Goleta: Transphorm, Cree Lighting, Next Energy Technologies
• Lompoc: Lompoc Wind Energy Project
• Cuyama Valley: Cuyama Solar Array Project
• Thousand Oaks: Ceres
• Camarillo: Power-One, SolarWorld Industries America
• Ventura: Clean Diesel Technologies, Biodiesel Industries
• For a copy of the section with profiles and photos of the firms, pick up the April 5-11 print edition of the Business Times. [Newsstand locations are here, or call (805) 560-6950 to subscribe or order copies].