The Pacific Coast Business Times’ annual ranking of the 50 fastest-growing firms in the region published Sept. 23. The section ranks companies in the Tri-Counties by three-year revenue growth, from 2013 to 2015 and includes both public and private firms who have a gross revenue of $5 million or more. This year’s list proved that the technology sector is still the industry leading the pack. The top seven spots in this year’s 50 fastest-growing list are all within the technology realm, from software and hardware to IT services.
The 50 Fastest-Growing Companies will be honored at an evening awards event on Thursday, Oct. 13 at the Deckers Rotunda. Enjoy an Oktoberfest experience with craft beers provided by Figueroa Mountain Brewing Company. [Click here to purchase tickets].
To read the section, including the full list of fastest-growing companies and profiles of the Editor’s Picks, please call (805) 560-6950. Subscribers received the special report in the Sept. 23 issue. Subscribers can also view a digital version here.
To obtain a digital copy of the 50 Fastest-Growing Companies list, click here.
Lastly, congratulations to this year’s Editor’s Choice winners.
• CFO of the Year: Ida Kane, Chief Financial Officer, AppFolio. In the Business Times first ever CFO of the Year award, we honored Ida Kane, who help led AppFolio to its 2015 initial public offering and a growth rate of more than 182 percent.
• No. 1: TrackR. The Santa Barbara-based electronics manufacturer that helps you find your lost items, launched up this year’s ranks with an amazing 2,042.9 percent 3-year growth rate.
• No. 3: HG Data Company. The marketing software firm is making its debut on this year’s list. The Santa Barbara-based company grossed $5 million in 2015, just inching into our $5 million threshold.
• No. 7: MindBody. The publicly traded software firm for the fitness and wellness industries continues to show substantial growth, earning more than $100 million in revenue for 2015, while still maintaining a 153 percent 3-year growth rate.
• No. 9: Rincon Consultants. The Ventura-based consulting firm had been featured the last two years on the Business Times’ 50 Fastest-Growing list, but this is the first year the company has cracked the top 10, with more than 118 percent growth rate.
• No. 26: Heritage Oaks Bank. The largest community bank based in the region, Heritage Oaks saw a significant jump in its 2015 revenue, due in large part to the 2014 acquisition of Mission Community Bank.
• No. 30: IQMS. Another software company that has been a frequent visitor on the fastest-growing list, this year ranking No. 30 with 38.4 percent growth.
• No. 47: McCarthy Companies. Over time, this family-owned and operated construction firm have carved out quite a name for themselves and are showing no signs of slowing down, generating $30 million in revenue for 2015.