Organizations in Santa Barbara and Ventura counties received $4 million in federal funds for COVID-19 testing in the area.
The funding came from the Health Resources & Services Administration, which gave nearly $583 million to more than 1,300 health centers across the nation. Of that, the HRSA sent $97.2 million to support almost 180 health centers in California.
Two of the local recipients were nonprofits, but others included local governments in Santa Barbara and Ventura counties. The recipients were:
• American Indian Health & Services in Santa Barbara — $203,464
• Clinicas del Camino Real in Ventura — $1,181,044
• County of Ventura — $1,689,984
• Santa Barbara Neighborhood Clinics — $424,864
• County of Santa Barbara — $476,104