Nonprofits can apply for Dignity Health grants
Small nonprofits are eligible for another boost.
Dignity Health Central Coast hospitals, including Arroyo Grande Community Hospital, French Hospital Medical Center and Marian Regional Medical Center, are accepting applications for a new Coronavirus Pandemic Support Grant program.
In order to qualify for the grants, nonprofits need to:
- Be a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization;
- Have an annual operating budget of $500,000 or less;
- Deliver programs and services that address one or more of the significant health needs in the hospital’s most recent Community Health Needs Assessment;
- Demonstrate that the pandemic has negatively impacted or put at risk the organization’s ability to continue programs and services;
- Commit to using grant funds for expenses (such as rent, salaries, benefits, utilities, supplies and direct program costs) that directly support the continuation of programs or services that meet the definition of “community benefit” in the Internal Revenue Service’s Form 990, Schedule H (Hospitals), including but not limited to community health improvement services.
Interested organizations can reach out to Patty Herrera, the Dignity Health Central Coast Community Grant representative, at (805) 739-3593.
Completed RFP applications are due at 5 p.m. July 31. Chosen applicants will be informed on Oct. 1, and funds will be distributed in November 2020.