Several tri-county companies got at least $5M in PPP funding
At least a dozen companies in the Tri-Counties received more than $5 million each in Paycheck Protection Program funding since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, according to data released July 6 by the Trump administration.
The companies’ names were listed because of the size of the loans they took out. All companies who took out more than $150,000 had their names listed, but not the exact amount, whereas companies who took out less than $150,000 had the exact amounts they took out listed, but not their names.
Tri-county companies that took out PPP loans between $5 million and $10 million include:
• Darensberries, a produce company in Santa Maria;
• Hi-Temp Insulation, an aerospace manufacturing company in Camarillo;
• MGE Underground, a utility infrastructure contractor based out of Paso Robles;
• Papich Construction, a general contractor in Arroyo Grande;
• Saalex Corp., an engineering and information technology company in Camarillo;
• Sansum Clinic, a nonprofit outpatient medical system in Santa Barbara;
• Sientra, a breast implant manufacturing company based in Goleta;
• Taft Electric, an electrical contractor in Ventura;
• West Coast Berry Farms, a produce company in Oxnard.
Pacifica Hotel Co., which is headquartered in Orange County but runs many hotels in the Tri-Counties, also took a PPP loan of between $5 million and $10 million.
• Contact Amber Hair at email@example.com.